1. God is the source of all wisdom, knowledge and understanding.
2. God loves us with an unchanging, unconditional love.
3. God is triune - three persons, yet one God.
o God the Father is our Creator and Preserver.
o God the Son is our Redeemer.
o God the Holy Spirit is our Sanctifier.
II. God's Word
1. The Bible is the inspired Word of God and thus our only true, infallible guide in life.
2. The main purpose of the Word of God is to show man the way to eternal salvation.
3. The Word of God consists of two main doctrines:
o The Law shows man that he is a sinner.
o The Gospel shows man that he has a Savior, Jesus Christ.
4. The Word of God is to be used for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training man in all righteousness.
5. The Word of God is to be studied and learned by man so the Holy Spirit can continue to strengthen man's faith.
1. Man was created by God in His image - in true holiness and righteousness.
2. Man lost the image of God when Adam and Eve sinned in the garden of Eden by disobeying God.
3. Man is now by nature sinful due to original sin.
4. Man needs a Savior from eternal damnation in hell.
5. Man has been redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ and thus has the forgiveness of sins, life, and salvation.
6. Individuals personally receive this forgiveness by grace alone through faith alone. Thus, faith in Christ as the eternal Son of God who completely and perfectly paid for sin is the one and only way to heaven.
IV. The Christian's relationship to God
1. Christians are to fear, love and trust in God over and beyond anything or anyone else.
2. Christians are to serve, honor and glorify God through the proper stewardship of their time, talents, and treasures.
3. Christians are to make use of the means of grace - Word and Sacraments (Baptism and Holy Communion) - for continued spiritual growth.
4. Christians are to stay close to the Lord by remaining steadfast in the faith through the continued use of the means of grace.
5. Christians are to regularly evaluate their thoughts, words, and actions based on the Word of God.
6. Christians are to perform good works motivated solely by the love of God.
V. The Christian's Relationship to His Fellow man
1. Christians are to reflect their love of God by showing love to all men without exception.
2. Christians are to serve and do good to their fellow men with the same humility with which Jesus has served all mankind.
3. Christians are to forgive their fellow men just as God has forgiven them their sins.
4. Christians are to share the good news of salvation with all mankind.
VI. Responsibilities of Christian Parents
1. Christian parents are to view their children as gifts from God - their true heavenly Father.
2. Christian parents are to share with their children the way of salvation as revealed in God's Word.
3. Christian parents are to train and instruct their children in the ways of the Lord.
VII. Responsibilities of the Church in Christian Education.
1. The Church is to share the gospel message with all mankind - both children and adults.
2. The Church is to assist parents in providing training and instruction for their children.
3. The Church is to provide pastors and teachers who with varied gifts and abilities join together in nurturing the lambs of Christ.